The intervention covered by this project refers to a building – located in the city of L’Aquila – damaged by the earthquake of 6th April 2009. The intervention involves the demolition and reconstruction of the building, with the same original external profile and position. The existing building obtained an “E” usability ratio, therefore a damages claim (Protocol no. AQ-BCE 19860) was issued after the seismic event. In order to perform the works, a Notice of Commencement was forwarded the Municipality of L’Aquila (Protocol no. 0026116 of 20/03/2014).
The project involves the total demolition of the existing building, with the exception of part of the retaining walls bordering on another property. The new building, as the existing one, is to be realized with a frame of beams and pillars in reinforced concrete conglomerates, with attics and roofing in concrete and masonry. The building is designed with four floors above ground and a basement floor housing the garage. All levels are connected by a space equipped with stairs and elevator; access to the garage in the basement is also guaranteed by a driveway ramp. The building is located on a non-perfectly flat surface, close to a steep slope, on the North-Western side. In relation to the entrance portion Colle di Roio Street, the ground floor is raised of about 60 cm. The basement, instead, is at about -3.10 m below the aforesaid entrance on Colle di Roio Street.
PERFORMANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Solar heating system
- Boosted photovoltaic system
- Control of radon emissions
- Automatic ventilation control
- Low Solar Reflectance Index for outdoor building materials
- Rainwater harvesting and reuse for sanitary purposes
- Insulation of balconies, terraces, and overhangs
- Use of recycled material
- Use of regional material
- Unsorted waste collection of building materialso
The ESCO-compliant intervention allowed us to reach the following objectives:
- Reduction of energy consumption and CO2 emissions:
We went from a reference level of energy performance of about 18.67 kWh/sqm, to an energy performance of the building equal to 9.5 kWh/sqm.
The energy consumption of the building is of 48% of the original building before reconstruction, thanks to the increased renewable energy quota produced on site, with a significant drop in CO2 emissions. The environmental comfort has improved as it includes the installation of an electric under floor heating powered by a surplus of installed photovoltaic panels and controlled by an electronic control unit in order to measure and monitor the loads. Such performance levels have been achieved also thanks to increased insulation of the casing and the transparent closures.
- Consultants for certifications Arch. Gianluca Mezzanotte, Eng. Eleonora Sablone, Arch. Pirocchi Maurizio
- Energy Consultant Eng. Carlo Masciovecchio
- Mechanical Enineer Eng. Carlo Masciovecchio
- Structural Engineer Eng. Elena Simonato
- Electrical Consultant Dr. Rodolfo Carnicelli
- Lighting Consultant Dr. Rodolfo Carnicelli
- Acoustic Consultant Dott. Rodolfo Carnicelli
- Environmental Consultant Eng. Dario Subrizi
- Development Manager Eng. Dario Subrizi
- General Contractor COAF srl